Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Lines of the Week

Thanks to all who checked in to see if the fires were affecting me. I've been fine here in Hillcrest. The hospitals are full and I signed up to volunteer, but I haven't been called in to either. The worst that happened to me was that Prison Break got delayed Monday and all the places I wanted to hit in the mall today were closed.

1) Since it relates to the fires, I'll start with the best thing I've heard this week. One of my friends works with a lesbian who was part of a voluntary evacuation. When asked if she needed a place to stay, she apparently said:

"I'm at my house, and I have beer and a hose. I'm not going anywhere."

Ya gotta love the image of a middle aged lesbian on her deck with a beer and hose ready to tackle a fire. I see her in flannel and jeans. I also submit that it's the rare lesbian who would risk her life on her ability to operate a "hose".

2) Bon Jovi made a surprise appearance on my iPod Shuffle with Bed of Roses, where Jon gets up to "French kiss the morning". I French kissed the morning myself today -- with all the fires, it tasted like a chain smoker.

3) Dumbledore is/was gay. I think it's great, and it doesn't upset me that it wasn't made clear in the books. I consider it like the question "Are you out at work?" It's an incredibly rare event that makes my sexuality relevant at work. I don't hide it, but I don't walk in and say "Hi, I'll be your GAY doctor today!" I've read all seven books more than once, and I'm not sure where Dumbledore's orientation should have come up. It just sounds to me like JK Rowling is a tolerant person, using her book to promote tolerance. With regard to the script change story, I don't really care if she decided Dumbledore was gay last year or last week.

4) Dumbledore is gay, therefore there IS a gay plot to use entertainment to expose children to homosexuality, therefore Tinkie Winkie was gay. I'm already lost, and we haven't even gotten to the part where it all means that Jerry Falwell was right and misunderstood.

5) On "The Chris Matthews Show" it was mentioned that Senator Larry Craig is not stepping down. Someone asked, after expressing incredulity that he was actually saying it, "Is he STALLING?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter