Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Still Here

I hate to admit it, but I was spooked. Last week, I heard about an Al Queda communique that included a threat from a former Californian. Then, I saw a bunch of tape on a street in North Beach with marker writing urging me to repent and convert to Islam, because the end was near.

Given that San Francisco is a major financial center, and that we indulge in many forms of (alleged) sin, I've been afraid that someone might try to hit my city today. I didn't ever think it was likely, but I was on edge all day. In short, I'm glad the 5th anniversary of 9/11 has come and gone.

I think a shout out is in order to all of the people who have kept us safe for the past 5 years. President Bush probably had someting to do with it, but I think the gratitude mostly goes to people whose names we'll never know. Thanks.

I'm just going to leave you with a shot of the TransAmerica tower, which I'm glad still towers over the San Francisco skyline, fog or no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter