Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tagged -- Sort Of

One of my friends posted this meme on his blog. It seemed fun, and I have never done one, so I thought I'd give it a go.

1. How tall are you barefoot? Five foot eleven AND a 1/2, bitches!

2. Have you ever been cheated on? No to my knowledge, mostly because I haven't had the pleasure of dating anyone that long. My problems usually revolve around (1) telling a friend I like some one and having them later date the person [college/med school] or (2) being the person with whom someone else wants to cheat [lately]. BTW, I remain pure (in actions if not heart) of the latter vice (they'll be a post about this incident soon).

2. Do you own a gun? No. BTW, before the Texas Oil administration came in, the Centers for Disease Control AND PREVENTION were working hard on gun ownership as a preventable cause of morbidity and mortality.

For the record, I noticed that was the second #2, but I'm not going to renumber.

3. If you had a mental disorder, what would it be? Multiple personality. I'm still not sure the guy at work and the guy at Badlands are the same.

4. How many letters are in your crushes name? I'll allude to 4: 14 in the guy I think I'm dating, 11 and 12 in the gentlemen mentioned in #2, and I don't know in WCB.

5. What do you think of hot dogs? They are horrible for you and should be banned. Unfortunately, they taste great and are an icon of American life. Like Twinkies.

5. What is your favorite Christmas song? Santa Claus is Comin' to Town -- the Bruce Springsteen version. Ya better be good for goodness sake.

6. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Champagne.

7. Do you do push-ups? I try to do them before work on the days I won't make the gym. I fail abysmally.

8. Have you ever done ecstasy? Not to my knowledge, but there were a couple of nights those who witnessed my behavior swore I had been slipped something.

8. Do you have a boyfriend? That is a sadly subjective question. Don't you wish this were actually defined by some number of dates? My take -- no conversation, so no boyfriend.

9. Do you like the rain? After warm nights (for margaritas on the deck), a good thunderstorm is the weather event I miss most in San Francisco. Mildly drizzling rain, all day long, just brings me down.

10. Do you own a knife? Many kitchen. Only one Swiss Army since the airlines kept stealing them.

11. What do you smell like? Right now -- brown sugar and vanilla body wash and red wine. If you meet me in the 'Stro, it's Polo Sport of Kenneth Cole Reaction -- hopefully only if you get close; however, I may try Derek Jeter's new scent.

12. Do you have A.D.D.? No, I've made a career of focus to the point of obsession. I try to keep it short of stalking.

13. Full initials? JFVT. (The third is my Catholic confirmation name. I'm giggling with irony.)

14. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:
A - I need another glass of wine
B - This is taking a really long time
C - I want to have dinner at the Sausage Factory tonight

15. Name the last 3 things you have bought today. Two bottles of wine, a tank of gas, and a lemon scone.

16. Name five drinks you regularly drink. Coffee, Diet Coke, wine, water, random de-caf diet beverage.

17. What time did you wake up today? 0748

18. Can you spell? Placed 6th in the Erie County Spelling Bee in 1984.

19. Current worry? Old job or new job.

20. Current hate? People who have a problem with something you did, and tell their boss, and your boss, instead of you. Also, people who plan to bomb airplanes.

21. Favorite place to be? In my convertible at a winery near Healdsburg.

22. Least favorite place to be? Work. Hence the new job concern.

23. Where would you want to go? Key West.

24. Do you own slippers? Little triangular ones. Most of the women in my mother's family can knit them.

25. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years? Atlanta, GA.

26. Do you burn or tan? Limbs tan, chest/belly/back burn. Unless I'm really slick with the Coppertone #8. Right now, I cover up, 'cause I got waxed for Ft. Lauderdale.

27.Yellow or Blue? Blue. Duh!

28. Would you give up your current life to be a pirate? I'm told I did that when that cop rubbed my leg.

29. Last time your cell rang? 08/09/06 11:22 PM. Thanks, Cingular.

30. What songs do you sing in the shower? Few anymore. I may have to start that up again. Thanks.

31. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? Vampires. Wore a scapular, and had the blanket up to my neck year round.

32. What do you have in your pocket right now? Wallet, two pens, car keys, house keys, Cinnamon Listerine Pocket Pals, and $14.40 in cash and change. Lordy, Lordy, we're havin' biscuits tonight. (NB: the cell phone is on the table from #29.)

33. Last thing that made you laugh? The 80 year old couple who ogled my Mustang today.

34. Favorite bed sheets as a child? Superfriends. My mom bought an extra bedspread and made matching curtains. You should have seen the fight with my brother over who got the Superman Underoos.

35.Worst injury you've ever had? Lots of sprained ankles. There may have been a broken one in between, but I never got X-rays.

36. What is your GPA? High School, Undergraduate, Medical School, of Graduate School. 'Nuf said.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house? One broken, two that work.

38. Who is your loudest friend? Gotta go with ChadFox on this one. Sorry, babe.

39. Who is your most silent friend? Ted. Great guy, but his wife does most of the talking.

40. Does someone have a crush on you? I'd like to think so.

41. Do you wish on stars? Not lately, but like the shower singing, a revival might be in order.

42. Do you believe in magic? No, but I believe in the Lovin' Spoonful. And Lovin' Spoonin'.

43. What song represents how you feel at the moment? "Watch Me" -- Lorrie Morgan. See #'s 19 and 22.

44. What song did you last hear? Something Italian at Cafe Divine. "Paradise City" GnR, while I was copy editing this.

45. What song do you want played at your funeral? "Ghost", by the Indigo Girls, by my partner, God-willing. If not, "Don't You Forget About Me", by Simple Minds.

46. What were you doing 12AM last night? Workin on a blog.

47. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Coffee first, or the gym?

1 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Kelicious said...

Whom are you dating? and I know who has a crush on you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter