Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter






















I haven't been to church in quite a while, but I can't get the Catholic Holidays out of my system. So I listened to my Godspell CD while cooking a ham this afternoon, and had some friends over for dinner this evening. Then I watched "Meet the Press", where Tim Russert hosted a panel discussion on religion in the US. I was pretty excited, because one of the sisters from my aunt's order was on the show, and she took the old priest to task. If MSNBC shows it again, I highly recommend it.

I'm just going to drop you a few (hopefully) inspirational religious quotes on the holiest of days.
(photo: persiankittens.net)

When you feel like you're fighting that uphill battle alone:
"Plead my cause, O Lord, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me."
--Psalm 35:1

When you need to argue about "intelligent design" or stem cells:
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use."
--Galileo Galilei

When you're digging for answers:
"Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there."
--Clarence W. Hall

When you're so damn sure you're right:
"My concern is not whether God is on our side. My great concern is to be on God's side."
--Abraham Lincoln

When you just need a big hug:
"God loves you. God doesn't want anyone to be hungry and oppressed. He just puts his big arms around everybody and hugs them up against himself."
--Normal Vincent Peale






(photo www.bobandmaryann.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter