Thursday, August 10, 2006

From the ashes

After a random day, I just had the best evening,

I was supposed to work today, but because of some last minute schedule changes, I had the day off. Not the end of the world, but I will have to make up the day later (this happened yesterday, too). I had a nice morning, getting some occupational and social work done at Starbucks, and then hitting the gym.

The downer was that I actually made plans to go to wine country with someone, and basically got stood up. So I drank some wine and blogged this afternoon, the meme as well as another post that is almost ready. As part of answering the 50 questions, I talked to Kelly from Whothrewthatham, and we decided to grab dinner at the Sausage Factory.

castrosausagefactory.com

I don't see Kel enough, and I had a great time. I took Muni home, and while waiting in Castro Station, I met two Muni Cops. I asked if this was their normal shift, or if they were there because of the events of the day (the terror save). She said, "We've been on alert since Pakistan, so yes, and yes."

"We're not all heroes, but we keep checking for unattended packages."

Bullshit. I'm going to guess that her salary wouldn't buy a studio where I live, but she's risking her skin. "Heroism is about the right person at the necessary time", I told her. She agreed. Put her, and the MUNI cops, on my hero list -- unappreciated, but keeping us safe. Thanks.

Unfortunately, the MUNI train don't go to North Beach. While walking the rest of the way home, I had a GUY IN NORTH BEACH CHECK ME OUT (and smile). This does NOT happen. Either they're straight, or they are stifled by being in North Beach. So, feeling good, I gave him a wolf whistle. He actually turned, and smiled again. 30 feet later, I made eye contact with another guy, at which point I realized that the actors/singers/dancers from Beach Blanket Babylon had probably just finished. I'm going to have to figure out how to get in on that.


From www.mapwest.com

Good night y'all...I'm going to sleep well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter