Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Is Pluto Gay?

Have y'all been following this?

When I was in elementary school/high school/college physics, there were always nine planets. I had to memorize them in order from the Sun (Sol) out: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, (asteroid belt), Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto.

Suddenly, based on a a recent meeting, Pluto is no longer a planet. It's a "dwarf planet". Newsweek suggests, through his wife, that its discoverer, Clyde Tombaugh, would have agreed. Apparently it originally filled some mathematics that can be filled otherwise, and it shouldn't be a planet since it invades the orbit of Neptune (simplification).



I feel a certain kinship with Pluto. I thought I knew who I was for 26 years. Then, all of the sudden (or so it seemed), I realized (accepted) that I liked boys. Then all hell broke loose.

I hope Pluto enjoys its new identity as much as I've enjoyed indulging my fairly recent homosexuality. You go dwarf planet! Just because you're not what we thought you were doesn't mean you don't have gravity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter