Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Catharsis

I just finished my second two week stint on the wards, and I still like my job. It can still be a bit overwhelming at times, though -- like when on your last day you certify the death of someone on their 100th birthday.

So Sunday was booze catharsis. Sorry, no pictures.

This morning, I check the BofA account -- turns out you don't spend much working two weeks straight (consecutively, for the "gayly forward" crowd). So today was shopping catharsis. The biggest single bill was to Target -- I'm restocking some things before my parents come on Sunday. I won't bore you with most of the loot, but I did get cruising music for the rest of the day.


I've wanted the Beyonce for a while. The Ultra Dance 08 is for one song only -- "Shine On" by Sunloverz. Energy 92.7 got me hooked on it, and I haven't found it anywhere else. I made one more boring stop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond to replace the soap dispenser I broke. I didn't think I'd find a replacement, since I bought it on clearance -- but they had one, for even less than I paid for the original.

Then the fun began -- Nordstrom Rack, Loehmann's (a new favorite), and Express for men.


The top one is a dress shirt from Loehmann's. The polo is from Express. The guy at the counter said, "The pink one is selling well, but some people still think it's not a color for men."

"My grandfather felt that way," I replied.

"Not a color for men?"

"Actually, what Grampa said was that pink and yellow were colors for women and, um, certain men."

He gave me a funny look. "So why are you buying one?"

Coy smile. "I'm one of those men." (I think that was cathartic 'f'----in with people')


Some of you have commented on the obnoxiously large and failing wallet seen above. It was replaced today. For size comparison:


Kenneth Cole on sale is dangerous for me -- I ended up going one further and getting a matching money clip, for those nights I just need green and plastic. And my new business cards from work - which I got really excited about Sunday (some guy who was on a bad date now has one). Here's the rest of the loot, excluding the undies:

How is San Diego treating me? Those shorts are Waist 33, baby. (Yes, I know about "vanity" sizing, but you can rain on someone else's parade.)

The last stop was Sephora. They didn't have my shave cream, but they apologize in free samples. Not too shabby.

I even had time afterward to get my hair cut and go for a run in the sun. I always do it in that order -- I hate the white scalp on tan neck look. (For those of you following along, I went to the guy who fixed it last time.) After the run, I had a bottle of Propel fitness water. I love the new commercial, but I'm still waiting to run by Derek Jeter with my bottle of Propel and have him do a double-take.

Tomorrow, I think, will be cathartic dining -- Chicago style pizza (if they don't run out) and the Sopranos on A & E (my newest addiction).

Since I haven't posted in a while, I wanted to be a little light. If I have some time this week, I'll be weighing in on Hillary Clinton, Gen. Pace, and the VA.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger JC said...

I was curious if you would post about the Walter Reed news bit...
I really think it is a an omen for socialized health care... What does the gov. really do well? I'm sorry, the Ins. Co. are bad enough to deal with (partially cause of the 'regulations they have to follow).

I chose my Dr. cause I like and trust her. I appreciate that she participates in my Ins. plan, but that is enough interference - keep the gov. out of my medical appointments.
I guess it's wierd that a guy has a woman Dr. by choice, but at least I don't have to worry about those exam fetishs flashing in my mind at an inopportune moment - lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter