Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Mardi Gras!


I've celebrated Mardi Gras every year since I was in Atlanta. I claim it's because both the Cajuns and I are descended from French Canadian stock, but it's mostly because it's a hell of a lot of fun.

This year, I'm making red beans and rice and hot links for dinner. I was tempted to try to throw my annual party, but I got stuck with a shift tomorrwow. I haven't decided if I'm going to go out later and try to find a bar making Hurricanes, or just mix some up for myself. Obviously, I have the genuine Pat O's Mix. (Sadly, I've given up on finding a King cake in San Diego.)

Put some beads on, get out there tonight, and have cyber drink with me.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

1 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger JC said...

You didn't give up posting for Lent did you? Hope you are getting settled into San Diego life.... It is one of my favorite West Coast cities... from there to La Hoya...
I remember the meseums downtown around the Zoo were really interesting --- but that was about 15 yrs ago last time I was that far west... San Diego was the first time I ate at a Marie Calendar's... loved the pies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter