Monday, January 22, 2007

...and cue the Disney!

I am almost certain that I left San Francisco. It gets a little confusing at times, since the TV, couch, and bed are all the same. The apartment and view are clearly different, so I must be in San Diego; but it sure didn't feel like it Thursday.

The morning was fairly uneventful -- I put some stuff away in the apartment and swung by work. Unfortunately, we came up with things to do Friday and Saturday, so my weekend was looking fairly lame. Afterwards, I went to 24 Hour Fitness, and the de ja vu began.

When I was a resident, I worked out at the UCSF gym at Parnassus. There was a very cute, slight, Asian boy with a nice smile who I thought was gorgeous. I must have checked him out 100 times, but I was never sure that he was: (1) gay or (2) into me. So I never said anything to him. I finally ran into him one night in the Castro, and pent up mutual interest was quickly evident. I was leaning in for a kiss (as was he) when I got the Heisman.

Seems he was moving to San Diego for residency and already had a boyfriend there. The relevance of that was discussed at length, but the moment had passed.

So, whom do I run into on my second day at 24 hour fitness? None other. And he remembered me when I said, "Hi." I'm guessing the boyfriend is still around, because we both look the same, but I didn't really feel any sparks. Besides, my timing was right on, as usual -- he's almost done with residency, and is planning to head back to SF or to LA for a job. It was a little odd to run into him, but medicine is a small field. It wasn't like I'd run into some random person I met at a bar once.

Which brings us to Thursday night. Flick's, one of the bars on University, has a free Texas Hold 'Em tournament every Thursday. I was invited by some folks I met last Wednesday, and it was fun, so I went back (and, in all honestly, there was a hottie I was hoping to meet). I hadn't been there a 1/2 hour when I saw someone from SF. We had met at the Academy of Friends Oscar Gala last year, and I had seen him a few times since. I reintroduced myself, and he remembered me. Turns out he just moved here for a new job as well. We started buying each other rounds and talking about SF.

Basically, I moved all the way to San Diego, and the first person I seriously flirted with was someone I met in San Francisco 11 months before.

It's a small, small, world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter