Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Bridged The Gap


In college and medical school, I was your typical 20-something midwest/southern white boy. Which is to say I couldn't pass The Gap without walking in and buying something. Now in my 30's, I've conquered my Gap addiction. And I have all the pride of someone who replaced their lust for Johnnie Walker Black with a yen for Johnnie Walker Blue. You see, I've merely replaced The Gap with Nordstrom Rack.



I finished my second to last week of work in SF and got over my cold last Thursday. Friday (Dec. 22) I went Bed, Bath, and Beyond to buy a plastic sheet on which to roll out my cookies -- it cost about $9. Unfortunately, I didn't feel that was sufficiently good use of my 20% discount, so I ended up buying 600 thread count sheets. Then I went to the Rack -- just to "see what they had". I didn't need anything, and I knew I wasn't going to buy jeans, because I had just told Sue I was waiting until I got below the 190 lb mark again. Plus I would just have to move anything I bought to San Diego.

Two pairs of Diesel shoes and some grey G-Stars later, I was on my way home.

Today, I went to the dueling targets in Serramonte. I had already packed my gym bag for the cruising work-out at 24 hour on Market Street when I remembered I needed new sneakers. So I went up to the "Rack" on Junipero Serra. I should have left after I found a pair of 12W New Balances. Instead, I remembered a recent wardrobe malfuntion -- I could find nothing to wear with blue jeans because ALL my shirts were blue. A horrific problem not solved by one pair of grey jeans. So what did I buy -- a maroon top, a Yankee's top (BLUE!), and another pair of jeans (BLUE!). But who can pass up Calvin Klein's for $20?

I have not idea why this merited a post, other than the fact that the last couple and the next entries are a bit serious.

Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out the rolo outlet
theyve got cool stuff
9th howard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter