Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Room with a View

One of my colleagues gave a talk for a pharmaceutical company last night at the Carnelian Room. It's on the 52nd Floor of the 555 California Street Building. The talk was good, the food was great, and the views were phenomenal. I took a few pictures -- they're taken through glass, but I think they get the feeling of "Wow!" across. They also get across the feeling that I need to get a better camera than my phone.

Looking southwest:


Now with the zoom on City Hall:


And to the southeast:

And zoom on the Bay Bridge:


Wednesday was so nice I couldn't bear to be in the gym. So I just walked around the Wharf/North Beach/Pac-Heights/Marina for a couple of hours before dinner. I happened to be at the aquatic park as the park police were closing it to swimming. I hung out until I got the story -- there is apparently a nippy young seal or sea lion biting swimmers. In the mean time, the sun started to set over the GG Bridge:

Tuesday, I walked to my pool match at the Mix. On the way, I noticed this:


I have yet to find anyone who can tell me why it would be purple and blue for November 14.
As for pool, I won 2 and lost 1 -- a pretty good night for me. My team won, so we advance in the tournament. Go Mix Cocktails!

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger DEREK said...

that is some view! Wow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter