Monday, October 09, 2006

39 Hours 26 Minutes and Counting

I just got back from my Hawaii interview/San Diego softball trip. I'm sitting at the Rogue Brewery, waiting for my friend to deliver my house keys (more on this later), so I'm going to keep this brief.

I went. I interviewed. I got the job.

There was no "Thanks for coming. It was great to meet you."

No, "We're all going to get together in a few days, and we'll give you a call. But everything is very positive. Really."

Instead, I got "I just talked to everyone before you came in, and I want to offer you the position."

Fortunately, he followed it up with: "Don't answer now, because I know moving out here is a big decision for you.:

Unfortunately, he followed that up with: "Let us know in a week." That was about 1100 Wednesday, Honolulu time.

So here's the current thinking:

1) This job knocks the socks off of what I am doing now. I get to teach residents and medical students again. No PA's. Less drama. And I still only work every other week or the equivalent.

2) Having spent the week in Hawaii and San Diego and mulled this over, I think I could leave SF.

3) I'm not sure I should go to Hawaii. The gay culture, by all reports, is not a consistent, supportive, community with a lot going on (softball, pool, Academy of Friends, etc.). It seems to be much more about hook-ups with tourists.
***Please correct me if I'm wrong and make this easier***

4) Dad thinks I should go. Given that he was right about the level of crap I would get from my current job (which he never thought I should take), it's hard not to go with him this time.

Here's a picture of the hospital, which really is PINK. Maybe it's a sign.



And a shout out to RottenRyan for showing me a great time in SD.

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Kelicious said...

I can't imagine SF without you; but you need to follow your path. Do you think it's Hawaii?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter