Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Blinkers 102

I want to continue to "experience" San Diego, I had the day off, and it was time. So today I undertook our semi-annual duty, AKA "the longest 25 minutes of your life". Which, by the way, beats the hell out of when it was "the longest 3-5 days of your life".

Since I haven't dealt with benefits at my new job or finding a doctor in San Diego, I went to the County Clinic. And I'm a little disturbed. I listened, I swabbed, I waited, I exhaled, I left. The whole process took over 30 minutes. In that time, NO ONE else came into the clinic. At Magnet in SF, they were so busy you had to schedule the anonymous test. All of San Diego can't be that healthy. Not for long, anyway.

Knowing that I could again reply on-line as DDF (except for the EtOH), I bought 2 pairs of Kenneth Cole sunglasses (there's a Nordstrom Rack here), drove home, and headed out to the gym. Which brings us to Blinkers 102...

...Turning on your blinkers does NOT resolve you of responsibility.

It's a good start, but you still have to make sure it's safe. Looking both ways is a good way to begin. Case in point -- when making a right turn, it is not sufficient to stare left as you move forward. If you never look right, you might almost run over boy in the cool new sunglasses crossing the street on the way to the gym. Capeesh? Both of you?

Yep, twice. And its only 6 blocks to my gym. And I felt so good I didn't flip either one of them off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter