Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Better Day

As I mentioned, I had a bad work week. Those of you who have been to my myspace may have noticed an indicative change in song (at least one of you did). It's changed again.

I actually wrote a detailed post about work, but had the foresight to send it to my Dad for editing before I published it. Given that someone from work could google my name and find my blog, he thought it was a little too specific and could be problematic. So it sits in the Posting bin -- you may yet see it in a milder form.

Today was my equivalent of a spa day. I got up and did the puzzles in the Union-Tribune over coffee and a pastry. Then I got a haircut (a little too short, unfortunately -- my usual guy was closed). Then off to the gym.

I've been pretty good lately -- for about 7 weeks I've lifted at least twice a week (usually 3x) and have done cardio at least 4 times, including the SF trip (though I counted walking). A friend of Sue's that I had met once in Hawaii and ran into in SF told me I already looked bigger:). Sadly, the weight hasn't changed much.

Today was a "flexors" day. Back x 3, Rear shoulders x2, Biceps x2, Calves, and Hammies. Since I didn't have to work, I also did Abs x 2 and 40 minutes of cardio to work on the gut and work off tonight's trip to Flicks. The hottie trainer was there and we chatted briefly, so I was feeling pretty good.

So good, in fact, I decided to add one more thing. Right now, I'm benching 145 X 12, 165 X 10, and 185 X ~5. That's about as good as I've ever been, though I'm on the rise. One thing I've never done, though, was bench my weight. I decided to try. Sadly, all of the benches were in use, so I used a machine. I set the bee-hotch to 200 (a little high) -- no warm ups. I was able to do about 6 of them.

Feeling like the bomb, I came home, cleaned up, and did some manscaping. And, for some odd reason, took pictures. In DanNation style, I leave y'all today's gratuitious picture of, well, me. (It's also a bit of a tribute to one of my favorite former sites, Gay Muscle Boy in Training.)
Check it out now, because it will probably come down when the endorphines wear off.

Maybe next time I won't have to cover the gut with the flex.

2 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger DanNation said...

You look hot...in a gratuitous kind of way! I don't think I've seen you shirtless...and it's nice...

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Phillip S. Huff said...

Ok, I'm going to try to post this again:

I'm getting HOT, and for once it's NOT a fever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter