Sunday, October 02, 2005

I'm Back

Sorry I've been away so long. I had too many things to say and I sort of got frozen. Like when your room is so messy that you can't even begin to clean it up. I started three different blogs, but kept moving on because something got under my skin even more. Even though the news cycle has moved forward, I'm still going to post them over the next few days. Rather than another endless post, I'm breaking them up into a few shorter (hopefully) pieces.

Before I finish those off, though, I wanted to have a little fun. I have been trying to buy a Razr phone for the past few weeks, but really didn't see paying $200 for one. I tried Best Buy and the web, but even if you got it cheaper you didn't have much control over the plan, and there were a few things I wanted. I finally bit the bullet and went to the Cingular store on Market Street yesterday.

The clerk (a cutie) had a boxed up Black Razr in his hand for me when I asked "What about that Ericsson phone?"

"The S710?" he asked.

"I don't know...the one with the good camera," I replied.

"That's the 710. I'm getting one later today. It has everything the Razr has and more. But it's for the pros only. Do you think you can handle it?" I am thrilled to know that it only takes five minutes to size me up as someone who can be dared into anything. (Perhaps only almost anything, especially when the car is involved. Sorry, Chad.)

So I have a new Ericsson S710. He may have duped me, but I like it so far. I think the pictures are pretty good for a phone. You can decide for yourselves -- this is the view from my balcony this morning.

I had been keeping a mental log of strange signs I saw around town that I wanted to photograph. Unfortunately, most of them are gone. One of my favorites was at the San Remo Hotel on Mason. The original said "Future Home of America's Oldest Italian Restaurant". I think these two together still sort of make the point. I'm not sure you can be America's Oldest Italian Restaurant if you HAVEN'T EVEN OPENED YET. (Sorry, I haven't figured out how to flip the pictures yet. Helpful hints are welcome.)



My other favorite, also gone I fear, was on Market Street. It seems to have been replaced by an ad for the Halloween store. It begged you to donate your car to the Heritage for the Blind. Hmmm.

As an aside, I happened to have time to read The Onion at work the other day. My horoscope (Leo) had me in stitches all week. Check it out -- www.theonion.com. If you know me, or eventually get to, you'll find its pretty on point. I'd rewrite it here, but that's probably plagiarism.

By the way, it just came to my attention that the word blogs isn't known to the blogger spell check.

That's it for now -- heavier issues to come over the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter