Monday, August 29, 2005

Long Time Gone

The title is a Dixie Chicks song.

It's been longer than I'd hoped since the last post. If anyone is reading this, I apologize -- but it was a busy 10 days.

I'll just give you the daily highlights, or this will go on forever. And I have a few other things about which to babble.

Thursday 8/18 - Happy Birthday to me. Thanks to my colleague who covered for me a little early. The usual birthday pub crawl in the Castro -- the best part was running into someone I thought I wouldn't get to see that day.

Friday - For fun in wine country, I recommend Roshambo and Davis Bynum. Neat folks and good wine.

Saturday - The Mix - I have more fun there than anywhere else in the Castro. An outdoor area, a pool table, and great folks who even tolerate my taste for eclectic music -- Who could ask for anything more?

Sunday - FEATHER. Bambuddha Lounge, 3rd Sundays of Aug/Sept/Oct. From the people who brought you Rehab Sundays (I never went, but I hear it was great). I had a blast, and met some fun people. Don't miss the September version if you can help it.

Monday - My recently purchased Mustang (AKA Phyllis, AKA "my baby") got the "Touch of Class" factory package put on the leather and the exterior. Also bought a novel and poetry book while waiting. She looked great until I drove to Sacramento for the Medical Boards on...

Tuesday/Wednesday - The test sucked. 360 questions over 2 days on ScanTrons (remember filling in those little circles?). The highlights were seeing all of my friends from residency again and driving back with a good friend.

Thursday - The BEST! Two friends (from The Mix) took me to Harris's for steak, and then to The Cinch for drinks. We played Blackjack with the Jack Daniel's promotional guy, who was absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately, my brain was off for the week -- so when he asked what I wanted, I said "a T-shirt" instead of "your digits". If only life had a rewind/erase button. Alas.

Friday - Monday - Back to work. I did sneak out Saturday night, however, to a party called Studio 55. Some of the guys I met at Feather threw it and invited me. A blast -- thanks guys. I wish I had not had a cell phone and two pagers with me so I could have enjoyed it more.

Even in summary, this got too long. I wanted to wax philosophically about my new books, but I'll save it for a bit. I've got a line on a cheap Razor, so I may be adding photos soon.

All good things to those who wait.
-Hannibal Lecter and others

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, good blog! I especially liked the Erie photo post. Exceptionally good blogging there. I've spent a little bit of time on the shores of Lake Erie myself, at an important junction in my life. Keep blogging! I wish I had more time on my hands so I could follow all the intuitive paths from here. Congratulations on the exam, I just passed mine, maybe there is life after residency...

Stuart

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage hit counter